Release of Service Pack 1 of Beefalo V2
Revision as of 11:19, 13 October 2020 by Sta (Draft for SP1 Beefalo V2 release (proposed by EE), in progress.)
Service Pack 1 of Beefalo V2 (220.127.116.11 SP1) is now available. It is highly recommended to install SP1 as it includes various performance, stability and key fixes. It can be downloaded from . For the latest release, see Beefalo V2 Release Notes.
Fixed known issues and limitations
- VM restore with vCenter 7 fails with the API version error, i.e., Version incompatible: apiversion '7.0.0' of vCenter.
- Archive adjustment by barcode only does not work.
- If a system load is very high, the <ttt>sm_cmd may hang and blocks other processes.
- Relocation of MS SQL database via GUI does not work, because it does not provide logical names.
- Single file restore from a Hyper-V (COPY) backup fails.
- Remote command hangs, if one line is longer than 16382 bytes.
- On some Linux systems a backup to tape fails because of unsupported read block size - errno EBUSY.
- Mounting a VM with multiple disks on Linux mounts only one disk or fails to mount completely.
- vSphere restore fails with vmx path has no extension because the VM information is cut off.
- The obsolete GLBV are not deleted.
- VM backup fails, if a VM name consists only of numbers (especially on Proxmox VE and OpenNebula)
- Restore fails if the SMS data server does not reset a block size to variable after write operation with LTO 7/LTO 8.
- Selective restore of a Windows saveset may restore wrong files or it may fail with MTF error due to ESET after a new segment (mainly on the RDX drives).
- The sm_config_hw changes the device name of tape drive to the wrong value.
- The savesets from failed migration are used for VMDK mount operation.
- EOM during restore; when using a tape media pool, during the tape change (Write operation) the next label is not known and the restore fails.
- SESAM_BACKUP on Windows ends with warning due to thread exit code STATUS_THREAD_IS_TERMINATING with disaster interface.
- Hyper-V single file restore from RDS fails with The system cannot find the path specified.
- Restore from the RDX disk drive stalled, STPD log shows an endless loop.
- Concurrent processes created same unique ID.
- MS SQL backup is not possible if TLS 1.0, SSL 3.0 and SSL 2.0 are disabled.
- Update SQL statement for DB:results.source fails, because the size of SQL command string is too long.