The SEP sesam graphical user interface (GUI) provides centralized administration and easy access to the configuration and management of SEP sesam and its environment. The GUI can be customized to your individual needs – you can set up different GUI layouts, change the default data size units and filter the displayed contents.
Rearranging the GUI layout
The SEP sesam GUI can be rearranged almost without limitation. You can adjust the layout of the GUI window by undocking, repositioning and rescaling individual panes of the main GUI window, including toolbars. You can simply drag and drop selected windows to create a customized GUI layout.
You can save and manage layouts by clicking Window in the menu bar and selecting the Manage Layouts option.
Open the layout and arrange all windows and settings to your liking. Once you are satisfied, give the layout a name and save it. The layout identified with a green arrow (previously blue arrow) is the current layout. If you click Set as Standard the selected layout becomes the default layout (black check mark) and is automatically loaded for the current user the next time the GUI is started.
Changing the data size units
You can change the default setting for the data size units, which are specified with either decimal (KB, MB, GB, TB) or binary prefixes (KiB, MiB, GiB, TiB).
Setting the default data size unit
SEP sesam allows you to choose how your data size should be displayed (e.g, in TiB or TB). In previous SEP sesam versions, the data size was always displayed using decimal units.
- Open the GUI and from the menu bar select Configuration then Defaults.
- Click the Display Format tab (previously Data displays) and from the drop-down list Default data size select decimal or binary prefix.
Setting a different data size unit for the individual table
It is possible to change the data size units for each individual table, for example, in the context window Backups, Restores, Last Backup State, etc. This setting is only applied to the displayed data size in the individual table and is reset to the default data size when the user interface is closed.
- Open the target context window, e.g., Main Selection -> Job State-> Backups, select the Data Size column header and right-click it.
- From the Unit menu, select the preferred decimal or binary unit display.
Filtering displayed content
SEP sesam offers a range of filtering options depending on the context of the user interface. It provides built-in filtering with different filter types that ease the search for specific content items (date range and clients, state, type, task name, etc.) and allow you to quickly find the relevant items. When available, you will find the filter area on the right side of the GUI window.
Depending on the pre-selected GUI context, the following filter criteria are available (you can filter by one or more criteria):
- Date range and clients
- Filter the displayed jobs by date, by client and/or by location.
- Show or hide particular states (in progress, failed, etc.).
- Show or hide different event types or their properties. The available options depend on the event type. For example, in the Backups window you can filter by events (NEWDAY, backup, migrations, etc.) and further refine the displayed results by backup level (when applicable; Full, Diff, Inc, Copy).
- Task name
- You can filter the backup tasks by name. They are displayed below the search field. You can select one or more tasks by holding down the CTRL-key and clicking the name(s).
- Filter settings
- Activate (default) or deactivate the automatic refresh of the results table.
- Filter the media by media pools.
- Filter the media by storage devices.
- End of lifetime
- Filter the media by their EOL. By default, this filter is disabled (EOL filter off).
- Readability check
- Activate or deactivate (media) filtering by readability check.