5 0 0:SEP sesam User Types
Users can connect to SEP sesam Server only if they are granted appropriate permissions. Their user rights and also displayed GUI components depend on the user type. The user type can be specified when configuring authentication. For details, see About Authentication and Authorization.
As of. SEP sesam version 5.0.0 Jaglion, the authentication and authorization is enhanced with two new user types – superuser, which replaces the previous Admin role, and backup user. (In previous SEP sesam versions the available user types were admin, operator and restore.) SEP sesam currently provides 5 user types. The following list shows the available user types and their corresponding rights.
- Superuser (≥ Jaglion): The only user type with full control over the SEP sesam environment (previously Admin). This user type with superuser rights is automatically assigned to the Administrator and sesam users.
- Administrator: Administrators can administer the SEP sesam system and access the GUI objects (except permission management) if not restricted by ACLs.
- Operator: Operators can monitor the whole environment.
- Backup (≥ Jaglion): Backup users can access the GUI objects granted by ACLs. They are allowed to start backups.
- Restore: Restore users can access the GUI objects granted by ACLs. They are allowed to start restores.
About Authentication and Authorization – Configuring Database-Based Authentication – Configuring Policy-Based Authentication - Configuring Certificate-Based Authentication