4 4 3 Beefalo:HPE StoreOnce Restore
As of SEP sesam v. 4.4.3 Beefalo, you can use HPE StoreOnce Catalyst stores as a backup storage to safely store and retrieve your business data. Restoring from the HPE StoreOnce Catalyst store is the same as a regular file system restore.
There are two ways to restore your data from the HPE StoreOnce Catalyst store in SEP sesam: by using GUI restore wizard (described below) or through the web interface Restore Assistant where you can restore the data from the HPE StoreOnce Path backups. Even though most of the options are the same in both restore interfaces, the web Restore Assistant interface is designed to be more intuitive and offers additional advanced options. However, it cannot be used for scheduling restore, as scheduling is only supported in the GUI mode. For details, see Restore Assistant.
In the GUI, the restore is triggered from the Menu bar -> Activities -> Restore. The restore wizard guides you through the process of restoring your data. For step-by-step procedure, see Standard Restore Procedure.
Note that if the data you want to restore is not available on local HPE StoreOnce store anymore, the savesets will first be downloaded from the HPE StoreOnce Catalyst store to the local store. In this case, the HPE StoreOnce store will be restarted during restore.
Restoring from HPE StoreOnce store
Create a new restore task for the savesets you want to restore.
- From the SEP sesam GUI menu bar, select Activities -> Restore. The New Restore Task window opens.
- Select the saveset that you want to restore. Optionally, if your HPE StoreOnce backup was not encrypted or compressed, you can also select the option Mount saveset under Single file restore to mount the target saveset to the disk and make it accessible as if it was a separate volume on the disk. For advantages on mounting a saveset, see Cross-platform recovery file system layer (XPRFS). Click Next.
- Select the files you want to restore and click Next.
- In the Target Settings step of the wizard, review your restore task configuration and set additional restore options if required.
|HPE StoreOnce limits the number of concurrently open files. Due to this limit, single file restore by using mount may be limited. See the HPE StoreOnce documentation for values pertinent for each specific model.|
- Under the Target path settings, select where you want to restore your data. You can choose between restoring to the original target path (set by default, restores the data to the same location) and restoring to the new restore target.
- Under the Execution options drop-down list, select the overwrite mode. You can choose between do not overwrite existing items (set by default), overwrite existing items and create new version. For details, see the Execution options.
- You can specify additional restore settings by clicking the Expert options button: modify the log level settings, define the pre/post script for restore, etc. For details, see the Restore Wizard.
|As of v. 4.4.3. Beefalo, the Expert Options button for specifying advanced restore options is only available in the Expert UI mode. It is not available for users that run the GUI in Basic or Advanced mode. In the latter case, if you want to access the Expert Options you first have to change the Basic/Advanced UI mode to Expert, as described in Selecting UI mode.|
|If you are restoring data directly from StoreOnce Catalyst store, the HPE StoreOnce store is restarted during restore.|
A restore task can be scheduled like any other task. If you want to add a restore task to the schedule, see Scheduling Restore.
You can view the status of your restore jobs by selecting Job state -> Restores from the Main Selection. Restore overview provides detailed information on the last run of restore jobs, including the task name, status (successful, error, in queue ...), start and stop time of the last backup, data size, throughput, client and message.