4 4 3 Beefalo:Exclude with File Patterns
Exclude with Regular Expressions
|↑ User Manual ↑
Exclude with File Patterns
To back up the NetWare File System, an exclude must be made by specifying file patterns. The exclude with file patterns only allows the use of '*' (any character string) and '?' (single arbitrary character).
Examples for exclude list with file patterns:
- Backing up /var without /var/tmp but with directory /var/tmp1:
- Backing up /var without any directory */tmp*:
- Backing up source /usr avoiding *.o, *.tmp, a.out and old*.c files and all old* directories:
*.o, *.tmp, a.out, old*.c, /old*
- Backing up /usr without /usr/var/spool and /usr/var/log:
- Avoid all syslog####.log files:
- Backing up NetWare NSS Volume VOL1: without VOL1:tmp:
|If you want to exclude a specific path then put the entire path in the exclude list. Several excludes require a separation by commas.|
Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2023. All rights reserved.Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.