Proxmox VE Troubleshooting
Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2022. All rights reserved.
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
Proxmox VE backup does not work with the client name as plain IP address
- If the node added to the SEP sesam environment is not set up correctly and an IP address is used as the client name instead of the client's hostname matching the hostname returned by the Proxmox server, the backup fails.
- This problem can only be solved by correctly configuring the Proxmox clients in the SEP sesam environment. For more details how to correctly configure the client name, see Proxmox VE Backup: Adding the Proxmox server (and nodes) to the SEP sesam environment.
Proxmox VE backup failed with a connection error
- Proxmox VE backup failed with Error connecting to proxmox System: "('Connection aborted.', gaierror(-2, 'Name or service not known'))"]. This error occurs after a VM has been migrated to another cluster node. Consequently, the Proxmox VE backup fails.
- Ensure that every Proxmox VE cluster node can correctly resolve other cluster nodes using DNS or the Hosts file.
File backup of Proxmox hypervisor fails
- Backup of /etc/pve/ fails.
- Exclude the /etc/pve/ directory from backup. /etc/pve/ is just a file system representation of the cluster database, which is located under the path /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db. For more information, see the Proxmox wiki article. For more information, see also Proxmox Cluster File System (pmxcfs).