Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2020. All rights reserved.
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
- Ensure that the following environment variables are correctly set:
- Make sure to check the messages on the SEP sesam Server.
- Additional information can be found in the ONBAR and SIB log files.
- SEP recommends using a single log file for ONBAR and XBSA messages. You will then be able to see all calls from the database and SEP sesam in the correct order for this set environment variable:
XBSA_LOGFILE=<complete path to bar_act.log> and XBSA_TRACE=1.
- All SIB (sesam) messages have the prefix SIB.
- For more information, set XBSA_TRACE to 2, but then the log files can become quite large.
- To activate the ONBAR log, edit the following line in the onconfig file:
BAR_DEBUG 2 \# where 'num' = 0-9; 9 producing heaps output defaults to
Specific error messages
Error message when executing oninit
Allocating and attaching to shared memory...FAILED oninit: Fatal error in shared memory creation
- For details, see IBM documentation.
Error during first backup attempt
Begin backup of critical file 'C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Informix\11.70\etc\ixbar.0'. (-43078) Open or close failed on file 'C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Informix\11.70\etc\ixbar.0', errno = 2 .
- Create the missing file in
Error 131 during first logical logs backup attempt
Unable to start the logical log backup: Log backup to device 'nul' not allowed ... C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Informix\11.70\bin\onbar_d complete, returning 131 (0x83)
- Set LTAPEDEV in ONCONFIG file to a value different to '/dev/null' or 'NUL', e.g. LTAPEDEV \\.\TAPE0 for Windows. For details, see IBM Informix Dynamic Server LTAPEDEV.