A schedule defines the recurrence of an event and can be executed in minutes, hours, days, months or years. It can be set up to start at regular intervals or to run only once. A schedule can be used for any number of events and the events of a particular task (backup, restore, migration, etc.) can be configured in multiple schedules.
Note that all schedules and related jobs are configured and run in the SEP sesam Server's time zone.
To configure an event, from Main Selection -> Scheduling -> Schedules right-click the schedule for which you want to create a new event and select the relevant event. You can create any of the following events:
- Creating a backup event
- Creating a restore event
- Creating a migration event
- Creating a media event
- Creating a command event
You can also create some special events:
- Creating a blocking event only for the specified hours
- Creating an event to execute additional jobs on specified dates
- Creating an event to prevent the execution of scheduled jobs on certain dates
- Creating a Newday blocking event to block events on certain dates
For details, see Creating a Custom Calendar.