4 4 3:Micro Focus GroupWise Configuration
- 1 Overview
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Installing SEP sesam Client
- 4 Configuration on GroupWise server/cluster nodes
- 5 Configuring a GroupWise server or cluster as a SEP sesam Client
- 6 Known issues
- 7 See also
The Novell corporate brand has been acquired by Micro Focus. The Novell GroupWise product name is now Micro Focus GroupWise; however, SEP sesam documentation update (such as names and screenshots) to reflect these changes is being done in a phased manner, therefore Micro Focus GroupWise may still appear under the name Novell GroupWise.
This article describes prerequisites and configuration requirements for Micro Focus (Novell) GroupWise environment. Note that the procedures introduced in this article are only the required pre-configuration steps. For details on GroupWise backup and restore configuration, see Micro Focus GroupWise Backup and Micro Focus GroupWise Restore.
SEP sesam provides reliable data protection for GroupWise environments and supports the following GroupWise object types:
- GroupWise domains: Primary (created on installation of Groupwise) and secondary domains are main administrative unit for GroupWise system that serves as a logical grouping of one or more post offices and is used for routing processes.
- GroupWise post offices: A post office is a set of folders on a network file server. It serves as an administrative unit for a group of users and mailboxes. The post office folder stores user mailboxes, messages and information used to distribute the messages.
- GroupWise libraries: A library is a collection of documents and document properties that are stored in database. A post office can own more libraries. Documents can be stored directly at the post office or in document storage areas outside the post office. Libraries with document storage areas inside the post office will be saved with the post office.
For more details about GroupWise system, see the Micro Focus (Novell) GroupWise 2014 R2 Administration Guide.
Make sure that the following conditions are met when configuring GroupWise with SEP sesam.
- GroupWise 2012/2014/2018 system (all post office/domain/library objects on OES servers). Check the support matrix for the list of supported versions.
- Verify that your network is set up correctly and that DNS name resolution is successful. Note that forward and reverse DNS resolution is required by SEP sesam (SEP sesam Server, data mover server, GroupWise server/cluster resource, cluster nodes). For details, see How to check DNS configuration.
- Working Service Location Protocol (SLP) name resolution in the network (running slpd on the OES servers).
- SEP sesam Server ≥ 4.4.3
- Check Hardware requirements for SEP sesam Server, RDS or SEP sesam Client.
- Data mover server (OES2/OES11/OES2015/OES2018 with installed and activated SMDR modules) with SEP sesam Micro Focus client. For details, see Micro Focus (Novell) data mover.
GroupWise server requirements
- The Target Service Agent for file systems (TSAFS) module must work in default Linux mode (not dual or Netware) and the switch --EnableGW is required to activate the backup of GroupWise through TSAFS. Note that the full path name of the TSAFS configuration file on Open Enterprise Server Linux is
- The GroupWise configuration file gwha.conf must exists in the default folder
/etc/opt/novell/groupwise/. If the file gwha.conf exists in another folder, copy and edit gwsep.conf file from
/etc/opt/novell/groupwise/. Then edit gwsep.conf and add the line
gwha=<path to gwha.conf>/gwha.confin the [MISC] section.
- The home switch in the startup files must have the syntax -- home /<path>/, as described in the Micro Focus (Novell) GroupWise documentation.
Requirement for GroupWise as standalone server
Groupwise Server (OES2/OES11/OES2015/OES2018 with installed and activated SMDR modules and TSAFS) with current SEP sesam Client.
Requirement for GroupWise as a Micro Focus cluster resource
All cluster nodes for GroupWise resource (OES2/OES11/OES2015/OES2018 with installed and activated SMDR modules and TSAFS ) with current SEP sesam Client.
Installing SEP sesam Client
Download and install the following items:
- Use the current SEP sesam Client for the supported server platform (v. > SLES10) from .
- Install the SEP sesam backup Client on the SEP sesam data mover and/or GroupWise server/cluster nodes:
- Use the current SEP sesam Micro Focus client from .
- Install the SEP sesam Micro Focus client on the SEP sesam data mover and the GroupWise server:
rpm -Uvh <path to SEP sesam Client>/<client package>
For OES 2018 the SEP sesam Micro Focus (Novell) module is included in the SEP sesam Linux Client for SLES 12 (no additional installation required).
rpm -Uvh <path to SEP sesam Micro Focus client package>/<Micro Focus client package>
Configuration on GroupWise server/cluster nodes
- Check if SMDRD is running and TSAFS is loaded correctly:
- Check the file /etc/opt/novell/sms/tsafs.conf for line:
- Check the file /etc/opt/novell/sms/smdrd.conf for line:
- Check if TSAFS is loaded.
rcnovell-smdrd status Checking for smdr daemon: running
autoload: tsafs --EnableGW
or, if the tsamode in the tsafs.conf is not set to Linux:
autoload: tsafs --EnableGW --tsamode=linux
/opt/novell/sms/bin/smsconfig -t loaded TSAs tsafs --EnableGW --tsamode=linux tsands
Note that if you set the Linux TSA Mode in the tsafs.conf and not in the smdrd.conf, only the --EnableGW switch is visible.
|A valid access from the SEP sesam data mover to the SEP sesam Client on the GroupWise server or to the cluster nodes must be allowed. Execute the following command on the Groupwise server or each cluster node:
/opt/sesam/bin/sesam/sm_setup/set_client <hostname of SEP sesam data mover>
The SEP sesam CTRL service must be loaded on the GroupWise server.
Configuring a GroupWise server or cluster as a SEP sesam Client
To protect your GroupWise environment, you must configure the Micro Focus GroupWise server or cluster as a SEP sesam Client. For details, see Configuring Clients.
- From Main Selection -> Components -> Topology, select your location and click the New Client button. The New Client window opens.
- In the New Client window, configure the following options:
- Enter the Client name which is virtual NCP server name resolvable via DNS. For the cluster virtual NCP server name is shown in the ConsoleOne.
- Select Linux from the Platform drop-down list and OES-Linux under the Operating system.
- Choose the Access mode for the SEP sesam Server-Client communication (default setting is SMSSH, previously CTRL).
|For GroupWise on non-NSS filesystem (POSIX) use root user for Micro Focus credentials or give your LUM-enabled eDir user the required POSIX permissions.|